East Gresham Elementary
About the Project – Planned Improvements
The East Gresham Elementary community will be getting an entire new elementary school in time for the 2019/2020 school year. This is an excited opportunity for students, staff, parents and community to shape the future of their neighborhood school for years to come.
The guiding principles of the design are:
The building says: “We are a Place of Learning”
- Warm, Welcoming, and Safe environment
- A Place for our Community & Families
- Supports active, Multi-modal Learning
- Relevant Innovative Technology
- Flexible for Future Learning Modalities
- Collaborative Opportunities at All Levels
- Strong Connection to the Outdoors
Based on these guiding principals the design team has focused on 4 key improvement areas for the new East Gresham Elementary School:
- Daylight and HVAC systems: Studies have shown these are key factors in improving learning environments.
- Improved Learning Environment: Consistent and right-sized learning spaces with modern technology.
- Safety and security improvements: This includes secured entry to play fields and playground as well as a secured entry and vestibule.
- Community Interaction with Building: Improved bus parking and parent pick up
- On May 4, 2017 the design team presented the first schematic and elevation designs to the GBSD board.
- On June 28, the design team convened a neighborhood meeting to review the proposed project scope, timeline and impacts.
Community and Stakeholder Involvement
East Gresham Elementary Staff and Stakeholder Planning
At the request of the district, Principal Kimberly Miles convened school district advisory group (SDAT) as well as a several focus groups made up of EGES teachers, parents, staff and stakeholders to advise the district on their needs, desire and priorities for the EGES bond project. These teams have spent numerous hours working with the architects and construction management team to provide important feedback as the design phase of the project has progressed.
CORE: Mike Schofield, Rick Rainone, Mathieu Jacobs
SDAT: John Hartsock, Kimberly Miles, Kristina Crivello, ToniLoeb, Amy Manzella, Wendy Nelson, Megan Carlson, Tom Nims, Berenice, Scott Rose, Tim Ganey, Megan Mackenzie, Brett Dearing, Matt Koehler
Focus Groups: Loyce Puckett, Donna Ravenburg, Cris Cristurean, Terry Taylor, Linda Gaudette-Siegal, Thaddaeus Smith, Erin McGill, Karina Bruzzese, April Olson, Jennea Rowell, Keely Davidson, Karen Montovino, Levi Patterson
Meetings to Date:
- 1/24 CORE Team
- 1/26 SDAT Workshop
- 2/07 CORE Team
- 2/09 SDAT Workshop
- 2/22 SDAT Workshop
- 2/28 CORE Team
- 3/01 SDAT School Tours
- 3/15 SDAT Workshop
- 3/21 CORE Team
- 3/23 Focus Groups
- 4/06 SDAT Workshop
- 4/10 PTO Meeting
- 4/18 CORE Team
- 4/20 SDAT Workshop
- 4/24 CORE Team
- June 28, 2017 – Community and Neighborhood Meeting
Board & Community Input:
- May 5, 2017 – Presentation and Update to GBSD School Board
Home of the Eagles
Project Manager :
Cornerstone Management Group
GBSD Community Relations
|Pre-Design / Design / Bid-Award|
|Construction / Closeout 21 Months|