It’s been a busy month for the Gresham-Barlow School District. Numerous projects funded by the 2016 Gresham-Barlow School Bond have been completed over the summer, including the brand new elementary school at North Gresham Elementary School.
- This building replaces the old North Gresham campus, which was first built in 1960.
- The new building has 73,500 square feet and 30 new classrooms, each with a 70-inch interactive flat panel touch screen for a modern education.
- The new North Gresham includes a modern secure vestibule entrance to increase school safety, as well as internally locking doors in every classroom.
- The gymnasium includes a full-sized basketball court
- The new cafeteria and library are designed to maximize natural light. The new music room is built on the stage, with a movable wall that allows performances with audiences seated in the gymnasium.
- Renee Alexander, the architect of the new NGES campus, is a North Gresham alum, and the building is designed for a capacity of up to 550 students.
Join us October 15
North Gresham Elementary will be open to the public for tours and will host a dedication ceremony celebrating this accomplishment for our community on October 15 at 6:30pm.
Hope to see you there!